Thursday, January 6, 2011

Things that make you go hmmm

Here in Qatar you have to turn the water on and let it cool down, you have to let the shower run for 5 minutes before it is safe to get in (I remember it was also very hot in Dubai.) I have yet to brush my teeth with cool water.

There are lots of American TV shows and old movies that I don't remember seeing. Any of the series tv is a season or so behind. The other day I caught Days of Our Lives from 4 years ago, crazy!

Yesterday we borrowed a car from a friend of John's so we could pick up some more stuff for the apt that we knew wouldn't fit in a taxi (rugs) so it was our first time to use the car park at the mall (underground parking structure.) I was so wild and crazy! There were mutilpe ways to drive around it, no clear path, and tons of beeping and people going around waiting cars and not waiting for you back out, and the exhaust fumes were strong. I'm glad John was driving.

2 comments:

  1. I never would have thought you had to let the water cool down... weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The parking structures must not have a good air filtration system...and thankfully most of ours have direction arrows and one way traffic.

    ReplyDelete