Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Driving in Doha

Today, I drove for the first time and by myself! I didn't have any problems, it was the car park at the mall that was the problem. (If you think I go to the mall too much, the grocery store is there, it's like a Meijer or Wal-Mart and you can take the cart all over the mall.) After 20 minutes of circling trying to find a space and going down one ways the wrong way, getting beeped at and cars speeding past me I was ready to give up. Any time someone was leaving there was always 3 cars waiting to take the spot. So I just pulled over and sat for awhile and then a space next to me was opening up. I had to back up so they could get out and put on my blinkers, that's how you signal it's your spot. I parked, walked into the mall and promptly forgot where I had parked. I was able to find the car again when I left without much problem.

While the mall, I ate lunch at the food court. For lunch I had a personal sized pizza from Pizza Hut and a 7 UP for the equivalent of about $7.00 US, I thought that was fair. The pizza was ok for a food court and they served it with ketchup packets. When you are done, you just leave your tray and someone cleans up. Other places I could have eaten where McDonalds, Burger King, Hardees, KFC, Subway, Applebees or Cinnabon, plus some local counters I wasn't ready to try on my own.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like that experience went pretty well.
    Good for you.

    ReplyDelete