Monday, January 10, 2011

Moving In

Yesterday all the furniture we ordered was delivered and set up with no problems!

Today I was able to unpack everything we brought with us and all the stuff we have purchased in the last week. I have figured out the washing machine and dryer, we have separate machines which is not common here and they are in their own room, not the kitchen like many places.

The dish washer is a different story. After I loaded it and tried to start it yesterday, we read that we first need to add water and dishwasher salt. Yes, 2kgs of salt. Every washer comes with a cone for putting salt into the bottom. So I did that and it still wouldn't work! Turns out the water wasn't turned on, so John fixed that and now I'm washing the first load at 11:45 PM.

Bounus, John discovered the mirror in the bathroom is actually a medicine cabinet which is great since there is no storage in the bathroom.

1 comment: