Saturday, January 22, 2011

Rugby and Gnocchi

Yesterday John and I went to the Doha Rugby Club to watch a game. A friend of John's, Darren, invited us and we had a great time. We are going to put our names on the membership waiting list. No we didn't fall in love with the sometimes brutal game that we don't understand, it was the feeling of not being in the desert of Qatar. John said "I haven't seen so many white people in one place in Doha" full of Austrailians and people from the UK, snacks, beer and liquor all sold us. It's no Grosse Point Yacht Club, but it felt real comfy.

John's friend from above's wife, Jackie, told me about the American Women's Association. I am going to join, it's a great way to meet people and go on field trips that I wouldn't do by myself.

That night we went to the most authentic Italian restaraunt in the middle east, the owners and chef are from Italy. It was really good and cozy, located in the "Old Souk" the original place to shop in Doha with small shops selling all sorts of stuff from shoes to fabric to birds to lugage. We looked around a bit, but I plan to go back and look some more and hope I don't get lost in all the alleys and court yards.

No comments:

Post a Comment