Thursday, September 17, 2015

Back in the Swing of Things



Hi friends, it's been a long time.  I have been back in Doha for just over two weeks and I am about settled in.  Jet lag is about gone, but the high heat and humidity really take it out of you.  Stella and I get up at 4:30am for our morning walk to avoid the sun.   

I have gone to all my regular grocery stores and have navigated the new road layouts and construction (they are taking out the Round Abouts.)

I have started another year with AWA and this time I am organizing the book club.  I hosted a round table at our first AWA meeting, so I got to meet most of the members and there are a lot of new people.  At this meeting you also get to see who is not coming back to Doha and who is still here and I realize just how many people I know.  I am also helping with the AWA Pillow Project (stuffing, not sewing) we make pillows for breast cancer patients who have had a mastectomy to help ease them.

I have also started taking Yoga.  A lady in the next tower teaches the classes so I am able to walk over.  Sundays is Core Yoga and Wednesday is a little less intense but still both are a lot of work and I am pretty sore.  My trainer will be back in October and once the weather cools off I will start with my gold lessons again.  

Oh, and last night we had some friends over for dinner. So as you can see, I am keeping busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment