Tuesday, February 10, 2015

National Sport Day



We have settled back into life in Doha, loving the weather.  Busy with AWA and back with a trainer two days a week.

Today is National Sport Day, a day off work to participate in sport. “A special event for Qatar which has ambitious plans to become a world capital of sporting activities” and helps to promote a healthy way of life.  Diabetes is a huge problem here.  Many companies hold events for their employees.  Last year John’s company went bowling, then we went to see women’s tennis which was the first time I have seen a professional tennis match.

 
That got me thinking, since I have been in Doha, I have seen Soccer match, The Asian Games, Car Racing, Porchse Cup, Horse Racing, Emir’s Cup, Boat Racing, Women’s Tennis & the European Golf tour live for the first time in my life.  They are definitely working to becoming a world capital of sporting activities.  Bring on FIFA 2022, although I don’t plan to be here for that!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment