Tuesday, February 8, 2011

John's Birthday

Yesterday was John's Birthday, since it was a Monday, we celebrated on Friday night at the W Hotel in the Wahm Bar. It is more of a lounge with sofas and an outdoor area. Through out the night, about 20 new friends stopped by for food and drinks. We had a lot of fun. One thing we have noticed is that on the weekends you have to show an ID or passport to get into the bars, I thought this was weird. Then we realized that this is to keep the Qatar Muslims out of the bars, since they are not aloud to drink. We learned this the hard way, because John invited a new friend who was dressed in traditional clothing was not aloud in. John got to talk to him in the hotel lobby.

Yesterday, I made dinner for John. My signature dish is pork fried rice, since you can't get pork here, I made it with chiken. Turned out pretty good. Then brownies for dessert, John's favorite. Well, while I was able to convert measurements and temperature, I still haven't figured out how to work the German oven. There are nine different settings on the oven. They came out with crispy edges and top and not cooked in the middle. Then without realizing it I bought candles that sparkle and re-light, we barely avoided setting off the smoke dector! All in all John had a great birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment