Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy New Year

Well it's 2014 and I am back in Doha.  I spent New Year's Eve over the Atlantic again on a Delta airplane.  We had a great crew who made it fun and gave us champagne.  My resolution is to be a better blogger this year as my last entry was in October 2013, sorry.

Recap:  John and I spent the week before Halloween in Michigan and passed out candy to 550 kids in Clinton Township, then we came back to Doha and had a Halloween party here.  Only the Americans dressed up, but it was still a good party.  We spent Thanksgiving with 51 U.S. troops stationed in Doha making them dinner with other AWA members and their families, it was a nice time.  No black Friday shopping for us, we went Kayaking north of Doha in Al Khor.  The leader of tour just happens to be from St. Joseph, MI! 

I left Doha the beginning of December to get organized for Christmas in Michigan and was able to see many friends and family, John came home a few days before Christmas.  We had a great but busy time while we were home.  More blogs coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment