Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving in Doha

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving, we did here in Doha.  I was able to get a turkey, potatoes, green beans, stuff to make pumpkin pie and even Grands biscuits.  My dad and step-mom came over and brought the cranberry sauce and few more ingredients.  We had six British friends over to celebrate, their first time to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.  Through Slingbox we were able to watch the Detroit parade and the Lions game.

Like John did last year, we had a second Thanksgiving on Friday.  An Austrian friend who spent many years in Chicago, had us over along with more British people for another fairly traditional Thanksgiving dinner.  This time we sat on their balcony.  They live at the Pearl too so we were able to walk there and back (working off some of the food.)

We didn't do any Black Friday shopping, but the stores here are decorated for Christmas, I almost bought a tree just because I could.  Of course I didn't since we won't be here.  All in all it was a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment