Monday, June 27, 2011

Birthday Blog

Since my birthday was on Sunday, which is like Monday here, we celebrated on Friday June 24. We had a table for ten at the Wine Cellar at the Oryx Rotana Hotel. We had a ton of different and delicious tapas and some wine. My American friend Emily ordered pink sparkling wine which was great for dessert. No birthday cake this year, just a sampling of desserts. I wasn't too upset since I don't think Qataris know what a proper dessert is. It was a great evening with friends which are from all over the world!

I couldn't let Sunday go un-noticed so John and I went to the Belgian Cafe at the InterContinetal Hotel where I had Cherry Beer and Raspberry Beer with my dinner. We were joined by our friends Darren and Jackie from England. Darren called me the Queen since she too has 2 birthday parties.

All in all it was a good birthday even though I was away from my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment